American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, Fourth Edition
- n. The opening at the lower end of the alimentary canal through which solid waste is eliminated from the body.
Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. The termination of the digestive tube or alimentary canal; the end of the enteron of any animal; the orifice through which the refuse of digestion is voided. The anus is usually on a part of the body away from the mouth, but it is sometimes coincident with the latter. It is usually a circular orifice, provided with a sphincterial arrangement by which it may be shut; but it is sometimes a cleft or chink, the direction of the axis of which distinguishes zoölogical groups: thus, it is longitudinal in turtles, and transverse in lizards and snakes. In many vertebrates and other animals the anus serves for the discharge of the excretion of the kidneys and of the products of the generative organs, as well as of the refuse of digestion. See
- n. A suffix of Latin adjectives and nouns thence derived: common in New Latin names, especially specific names.
GNU Webster's 1913
- n. (Anat.) The posterior opening of the alimentary canal, through which the excrements are expelled.
- n. the excretory opening at the end of the alimentary canal
- First attested in 1658, from Old French anus, from Latin ānus ("ring, anus"), from Proto-Indo-European *ano- (“ring”). See also anal, annular, annelid. (Wiktionary)
- Middle English, from Latin ānus, ring, anus. (American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, Fourth Edition)
“All the children would hear was Tuxedo Mask yelling at another child, and then either “Sailor Moon Has Cancer” or the word anus over and over again.”
“I love you too, Pollyanna but our relationship must remain platonic as my anus is already losing its elasticity from 30 years in banking. morgaine7”
“The most important procedure is the separation of the anus from the carcass and the pelvic area.”
“The anus is far forward of the anal fin and located on the throat of adults.”
“It will be like admitting that you admire a pedophile, that you support genocide, that torture and and sticking your finger up your anus, is a good thing.”
“The still-living juvenile inside of me hears the word anus and giggles, bursting with the need to crack endless jokes or just to say the word anus over and over again and laugh uncontrollably.”
“It’s nothing personal, and I don’t have a great deal of discomfort about a medical exam of that part of my body (my anus is another issue … it’s all they can do to unpry me from a fetal position) – they could go spelunking about in there all day if I had something nice to look at on the ceiling.”
“7 Responses to “Kinetic Sculptures – BMW (South Africa) Inspiring Commercial” the most amazing kinetic sculptures at my anus is godot Says:”
“Rosina Kovar testified in opposition to civil unions on behalf of her grandchildren, saying that the anus was an exit, not an entrance and then proceeded into a cringe-worthy anatomy lesson for some of the most memorial yet irrelevant to the bill testimony of the 2011 session.”
“These body parts plus your anus are your perineum.”
These user-created lists contain the word ‘anus’.
WARNING: VERY EXPLICIT. YOU HAVE BEEN WARNED.
funny derogatory names, quotes, phrases.
( open list, randomness, ad hom, ad hominem )
buttfucking quitter, dirty sanchez, donkey punch, falcon punch, assbadger, unicorn turd, assclown, fudgenut, quackery, friggin homo, buttmuncher, jackwagon and 274 more...
With thanks to quinn for the idea, seen here. It's true that most diseases cannot double as names for baby boysâ€”but some can. And anyway in their absence I nominate (thanks to Colon/Colin) body p...
The worst of the bunch, bring um on
Words listed first by me that don't belong in any other list.
Words I can't stand the sound of...
There are 17576 different sequences of three letters (26 x 26 x 26). How many of them occur in words? General rules of engagement: mononyms only, lower case preferred to upper case, short preferred...
Words and phrases from Dick's novel
I like Latin :)
an exaltation of larks
because i might as well be a 10-year-old boy
Looking for tweets for anus.