from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- n. The portion of the body in the pelvis occupied by urogenital passages and the rectum, bounded in front by the pubic arch, in the back by the coccyx, and laterally by part of the hipbone.
- n. The region between the scrotum and the anus in males, and between the posterior vulva junction and the anus in females.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. Region between the genital area and the anus in both sexes.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- n. The region which is included within the outlet of the pelvis, and is traversed by the urinogenital canal and the rectum.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. The region of the body between the thighs, extending from the anus to the fourchette in the female, or to the scrotum in the male.
- n. The region included by the outlet of the pelvis, extending from the apex of the subpubic arch in front to the tip of the coccyx behind, and bounded laterally by the conjoined pubic and ischiatic rami, the tuberosities of the ischia, and the great sacrosciatic ligaments.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. the general region between the anus and the genital organs
Perenial tear – a tear in perineum (a. k.a ‘taint) 7.
Women who had a planned section (not having had one before) will have less perineal pain (the perineum is the area between your legs) and less risk of vaginal bleeding after the baby is born.
She told me to consciously relax my perineum, which is located at the base of the body, between the rectum and the sexual organs.
The perineum is the piece of skin between the anus and the genitals.
Firstjust above the perineum, which is the region between the genitals and the anus
The perineum is the area between your vaginal opening and your rectum.
An episiotomy is an incision made along the perineum, which is the area between the vagina and the rectum, to allow more room for the baby.
His perineum is the area from the base of the scrotal sac to the anus.
The surface between the vaginal orifice and the anus is called the perineum (Do not confuse this with the peritoneum, for they are entirely different).
The discovery of M. Guénon, of Bordeaux, in France -- a man of remarkable practical sagacity, and a close observer of stock -- consisted in the connection between the milking qualities of the cow and certain external marks on the udder, and on the space above it, called the perineum, extending to the buttocks.
Cattle and Their Diseases Embracing Their History and Breeds, Crossing and Breeding, And Feeding and Management; With the Diseases to which They are Subject, And The Remedies Best Adapted to their Cure
Wordnik is becoming a not-for-profit! Read our announcement here.