American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, Fourth Edition
- n. A small elongated erectile organ at the anterior part of the vulva, homologous with the penis.
Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. An erectile organ of the female of most mammals, including the human species, and of sundry birds, as the ostrich, differing from the penis of the male chiefly in its smaller size and usually imperforate state, being as a rule not perforated or grooved by a urethra, though it is so in some animals, as lemurs. It is usually small and concealed in the normal state of the parts, as in the human female; sometimes large, pendent externally, and difficult to distinguish from a penis, as in spider-monkeys (Atcles).
- n. anatomy A small sensitive elongated erectile organ at the anterior part of the vulva in female mammals, homologous with the penis.
GNU Webster's 1913
- n. (Anat.) A small organ at the upper part of the vulva in females, homologous to the penis in the male.
- n. a female sexual organ homologous to the penis
- From Ancient Greek κλειτορίς (kleitoris), a diminutive of uncertain origin, probably from κλείω (kleiō, "I sheathe, shut"), in reference to its being covered by the labia minora. (Wiktionary)
- New Latin clītoris, from Greek kleitoris. (American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, Fourth Edition)
“It doesn't seem like playing tag with the clitoris is the path to sensual pleasure.”
“The clitoris is the penis, for example, the scrotum, the labia, etc.”
“The clitoris is considered to be an impure part of the girl-child and bleeding it is believed to make her pure and free of evil spirits.”
“Of course (forgive me for saying this-making a point), the clitoris is more out there and noticed ... but we women don't go around talking about that either.”
“Those who perform clitorectomies (generally women themselves, I believe) have been found to believe appalling things about female anatomy — one I read about thought that the clitoris was a worm that would burrow into the female body if not cut out.”
“If a group of people really believe, as you claim, that “the clitoris was a worm that would burrow into the female body if not cut out,” then I highly doubt they hold modern, progressive, or scientific views on other subjects.”
“After all, the clitoris is the sweet spot of the entire female apparatus.”
“Her mons veneris is an anthill, and her clitoris is a termite hill.”
“They erroneously equate the clitoris, which is indeed a genital organ, with the foreskin of the penis.”
“At the Kolenten Senior Secondary School one student boldly stated that FGM "can hurt the child physically and mentally because the clitoris is a sensitive organ connected to the mind.”
These user-created lists contain the word ‘clitoris’.
Words that people pronounce in ways I wouldn't pronounce them.
A collection of words about doing the nasty.
words describing the sexual parts of life
Looking for tweets for clitoris.