American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, Fourth Edition
- n. An English folk dance in which a story is enacted by costumed dancers.
Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. Same as morrisdance.
- n. A dance resembling the morris-dance.
- Belonging to or taking part in a morris-dance.
- To dance or perform by dancing. See morris-dance.
- To “dance” or “waltz” off; decamp; be off; begone.
- n. A curious fish, allied to the eels, of the genus Leptocephalus. Its body is so compressed as to resemble tape.
- n. weaponry A type of pike.
- n. A marine fish with a very slender, flat, transparent body, now generally believed to be the young of the conger eel or some allied fish.
GNU Webster's 1913
- n. A Moorish dance, usually performed by a single dancer, who accompanies the dance with castanets.
- n. A dance formerly common in England, often performed in pagenats, processions, and May games. The dancers, grotesquely dressed and ornamented, took the parts of Robin Hood, Maidmarian, and other fictitious characters.
- n. An old game played with counters, or men, which are placed at the angles of a figure drawn on a board or on the ground; also, the board or ground on which the game is played.
- n. (Zoöl.) A marine fish having a very slender, flat, transparent body. It is now generally believed to be the young of the conger eel or some allied fish.
- n. English poet and craftsman (1834-1896)
- n. leader of the American Revolution who signed the Declaration of Independence and raised money for the Continental Army (1734-1806)
- n. United States statesman who led the committee that produced the final draft of the United States Constitution (1752-1816)
- n. United States suffragist in Wyoming (1814-1902)
- From Morris, the surname of its discoverer. (Wiktionary)
- Middle English moreys (daunce), morris (dance), from moreys, Moorish, from Old French morois, from More, Moor; see Moor. (American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, Fourth Edition)
“Video Of The Day, Errol-Morris, survivors egyptnation morris is an EFFING GENIUS! but it kind of sucks for the people who sat there and poured their hearts out and all the screentime they got was 3 seconds of them saying "my dad" etc. Andrew”
“Progressaurus Rex says: dick morris is a prostitute himself, whoring out to the highest bidder no matter what the ideology. he also wants condaleeza racial token to be the republican nominee in 2008.”
“July 25th, 2006 at 1: 55 pm james risser says: mouth full of dick morris is only stating the policy of the americans … blood, any blood shed from a non-white, is a ‘good’ thing. there is cash in chaos, and the longer the iraqis bleed, the longer the occupation will go on. the more $100 billion ‘emergency’ funds will be authorized by the democrats in congress, the more money the special interests make through death and destruction. the bush crime family runs on the blood and dead bodies of the innocent.”
“Yes, morris, that is exactly what we are going to do, right after we force you to become Muslim and your daughters to become lesbians”
“These antics were called morris dances; they were mad, vulgar, joyous abandonment to the mood of the moment; just as the dances performed by little gutter-arabs and factory-girls around street organs are an abandonment to the mood of to-day's moment.”
“The similarity to what became known as the English "morris" is undoubted.  Early court records state that the "moresque" was performed at court in her honour, including the dance - the "moresque" or”
“By the beginning of the nineteenth century it appeared that, across Britain, the "rage for refinement and innovation" was killing off the last remnant of traditional popular customs and activities such as morris dancing, which antiquarians had begun to record for posterity (Douce 482). [”
“The raw experiences of our visits were supplemented with painful, until-then-suppressed memories from childhood of being stuck in bank holiday traffic for hours with the distant promise of seeing half-cut morris men stagger about a village fete.”
“People on the left tend to be as embarrassed by morris dancing and maypoles as they are by the flag of St George.”
“George bush and all his cronnies rush limbaugh, sean hannity, bill o'reily glenn beck and the 2 or 3 crazy women they haveon their programs and dick morris should be deported to Mexico annie for Palin”
These user-created lists contain the word ‘morris’.
A list generated by Phrontistery
which I wanted to have along with my own lists on Wordnik
A list of words that are odd or words that I have looked up.
The Moves. Do~do~ditty!
Given names that were acceptable for play the last time I checked the OWL.
Looking for tweets for morris.