American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, Fourth Edition
- n. A European freshwater fish (Scardinius erythrophthalmus) related to the carp and having a brownish body and red fins.
Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- Another spelling of rud.
- n. The redeye, a cyprinoid fish of Europe, Leuciscus or Scardinius erythrophthalmus.
GNU Webster's 1913
- n. (Zoöl.) A fresh-water European fish of the Carp family (Leuciscus erythrophthalmus). It is about the size and shape of the roach, but it has the dorsal fin farther back, a stouter body, and red irises. Called also
redeye, roud, finscale, and shallow. A blue variety is called azurine, or blue roach.
- n. European freshwater fish resembling the roach
- Probably from rud, red; see ruddle. (American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, Fourth Edition)
“Labels: economy, politics, rudd posted by Another Outspoken Female at 8: 39 AM”
“Gart, Bo hopefully not all the funny parts were in the trailer. 'cause those were funny. larry oh, and trailer has some really great moments. i'll be seeing this when it comes out, 'cause i love paul rudd. even in overnight delivery, which most people think is stupid. larry”
“So where does Joel Silver come into the picture? jamie you never "NEED" a remake perhaps it should be directed by judd apatow and star paul rudd as the robot from the poster, then slashfilm would love the idea”
“I thought russell brand was great as well as paul rudd … both were my favorite parts of the movie, much better than the three main leads marion on May 17, 2008”
“AND not to mention as informed by the angry video game nerd Winston was cut out of all the old video games. slash i don't care how, but i'd love paul rudd in this. he has that murray cynicism.”
“What kind of nonsense is this?!? aled couldnt see the trailer but anything with seth roegen, paul rudd and stephen colbert i am seeing it. danno”
“Same applies to kevin rudd in Oz. These are transient idiots who claim to have answers to questions they don't even understand.”
“February 04, 2009 at 12:35 PM eternal sunshine? the anorexic dancer and the paul rudd lookalike in center stage?”
“When our (Australia) recent election leader debate happened, I found myself tracking multiple keywords (howard/rudd/worm) for that one subject.”
“GQ named him the something-man of the year, and the interview reveals that he's decades-long friends with paul rudd. which of course makes me think of them having a few drinks too many and making out, which makes me happy in the crotchular area.”
These user-created lists contain the word ‘rudd’.
lots and lots of fish, a piscatorial
Looking for tweets for rudd.