from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- n. Any of various small freshwater fishes of the family Cyprinidae, which also includes carps and minnows.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. The shoal-forming fish Leuciscus leuciscus common in fast-flowing rivers in England and Wales.
- n. Any of various related small fish of the family Cyprinidae that live in freshwater and are native to North America.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- n. A small European cyprinoid fish (Leuciscus leuciscus, formerly Squalius leuciscus or Leuciscus vulgaris); -- called also dare.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. A small fresh-water cyprinoid fish of Europe, Leuciscus vulgaris or Squalius leuciscus, resembling and closely related to the roach and chub.
- n. A name of sundry similar or related fishes.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. small European freshwater fish with a slender bluish-green body
Besides cutthroat trout, the one other species of fish that is native to Yellowstone Lake and the Yellowstone River drainage above the two large falls in Yellowstone National Park is the longnose dace, which is rare.
The dace is another fish which gives sport to the fly-fisherman.
• I wasn't going to mussel in on the fish puns Letters, 19 January, but having salmoned up the courage I thought I'd throw the dace and see what happened.
Other success stories include the river Nar in Norfolk, which now yields sea trout as well as dace, chub and brown trout, while birdwatchers can enjoy kingfisher and reed warblers as well as admiring 12 species of dragonfly and marsh orchids.
All Answers from cooner wrote 25 weeks 23 hours ago crickets, grasshoppers, hellgramites, and where legal small bait fish like dace work great
The agency boosted fish populations with more than half a million farmed fish, including roach, barbell, tench, dace and chub.
I really expected a little Korean guy to come walking out of the liquor store in the video and say, I hire you to sweep sidewalk, not dace around like showgirl!
He then caught some blacknose dace minnows and put them in the glass containers.
Two days later, on a thinly overcast day, after they'd had a big lunch of thick rabbit stew with turnips and onions along with bread Cara had made, Richard went off to check the fishing lines and to catch some more of the blacknose dace minnows.
Wordnik is becoming a not-for-profit! Read our announcement here.