from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- n. A marine food fish (Pollachius virens) of northern Atlantic waters, related to the cod.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. Alternative spelling of pollock.
- v. Alternative spelling of pollock.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- n. A marine gadoid food fish of Europe (Pollachius virens). Called also greenfish, greenling, lait, leet, lob, lythe, and whiting pollack.
- n. The American pollock; the coalfish.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. A fish of the genus Pollachius.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. lean white flesh of North Atlantic fish; similar to codfish
- n. important food and game fish of northern seas (especially the northern Atlantic); related to cod
- n. United States filmmaker (born in 1934)
Alteration of Scots podlok.(American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, Fourth Edition)