from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- n. Any of various marine food fishes of the family Hexagrammidae, which frequent rocky coastal areas of the northern Pacific.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. Any of various foodfishes, of the family Hexagrammidae, of the northern Pacific
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- n. any spiny-finned food fish of the northern Pacific coasts, of the genus Hexagrammos.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. The coalfish or pollock.
- n. Any fish belonging to the family Hexagrammidæ, carnivorous fishes living in kelp and about rocks in the North Pacific.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. food fish of the northern Pacific
Sorry, no etymologies found.