from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- adj. Sky-blue; azure.
- n. The blue roach of Europe (Leuciscus caeruleus), so called from its color.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- adj. Azure.
- n. The blue roach of Europe (Leuciscus cæruleus); -- so called from its color.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. An English book-name of a fish which is a variety of the rudd; the blue roach.
- n. A bird of the genus Malurus (which see).
- n. A bluish-black shade produced in printing with aniline black, formed by treating the fabric with ammonia after the black is completely developed.
- n. A crystalline base. C35H32N4O3, formed by heating a mixture of orthotoluene diamine and salicylic aldehyde. It melts at 251° C.
Sorry, no etymologies found.