from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- n. A constellation in the Northern Hemisphere near Orion and Aries.
- n. The second sign of the zodiac.
- n. One who is born under this sign.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- proper n. : A constellation of the zodiac supposedly shaped like a bull and containing the star Aldebaran.
- proper n. : The zodiac sign for the bull, ruled by Venus and covering April 21 - May 21 (tropical astrology) or May 16 - June 15 (sidereal astrology).
- proper n. An automobile model produced by the Ford Motor Company (1986-present).
- n. Someone with a Taurus star sign
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- n. The Bull; the second in order of the twelve signs of the zodiac, which the sun enters about the 20th of April; -- marked thus [♉] in almanacs.
- n. A zodiacal constellation, containing the well-known clusters called the Pleiades and the Hyades, in the latter of which is situated the remarkably bright Aldebaran.
- n. A genus of ruminants comprising the common domestic cattle.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. An ancient constellation and sign of the zodiac, representing the forward part of a bull.
- n. In zoology, a genus of cattle, to which the common bull and cow were referred. It is not now used, these animals representing the species called Bos taruts.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. a zodiacal constellation in the northern hemisphere near Orion; between Aries and Gemini
- n. the second sign of the zodiac; the sun is in this sign from about April 20 to May 20
- n. Venezuelan master terrorist raised by a Marxist-Leninist father; trained and worked with many terrorist groups (born in 1949)
- n. (astrology) a person who is born while the sun is in Taurus
Taurus II incorporates proven technologies from the company's Pegasus®, Taurus® and Minotaur rockets, and is supported by a
TAURUS (April 20-May 20): Congrats on making it through this semester, Taurus!
Now the rampant Taurus is swiftly advancing in the polls.
I understand it's a done deal already and the Taurus is close on it's heels.
Taurus is the sign of ‘personal possessions’: time for more and better!
Note to Table 1.1: Taurus is the most important in this matter, and heads this list because has rulership over this sort of stuff.
Clever Gemini stays clear of those big hooves of whatever Taurus is stamping about.
As Taurus is too lazy to actually skin a Revenue Agent alive, tan their hide, and drape it over a fence post, they just keep good records of what they want the local cattle rustlers, er, income tax agency, to see.
OSC is looking to develop an new medium class launch vehicle they call the Taurus II.
But the name Taurus means a lot of different things.
Wordnik is becoming a not-for-profit! Read our announcement here.