from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- An ancient region of central Greece. It was the traditional homeland of the Dorians.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- proper n. The daughter of Oceanus, wife of Nereus and mother of fifty sea-nymphs or nereids.
- proper n. A female given name, taken to regular use in the end of the 19th century.
- proper n. One's girl friend, wife or significant other.
- proper n. A taxonomic genus within the family Dorididae — sea slugs, specifically, dorid nudibranchs.
- adj. gay
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- n. A genus of nudibranchiate mollusks having a wreath of branchiæ on the back.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. The typical genus of the family Dorididæ, or sea-lemons, containing such species as D. tuberculata, D. johnstoni, and D. coccinea. Argo is a synonym.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. (Greek mythology) wife of Nereus and mother of the Nereids
- n. a small region of ancient Greece where the Doric dialect was spoken
The feminine form of Doric. (Wiktionary)
From the name of famous film star Doris Day; (Cockney rhyming slang). (Wiktionary)