from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- n. An advocate of the extension of political voting rights, especially to women.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. A person who promotes suffrage.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- n. One who possesses or exercises the political right of suffrage; a voter.
- n. One who has certain opinions or desires about the political right of suffrage.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. One who possesses or exercises the right of suffrage; a voter.
- n. One holding certain opinions concerning the right of suffrage, as about its extension: as, a woman-suffragist.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. an advocate of the extension of voting rights (especially to women)
suffrage + -ist (“person, agent”) (Wiktionary)