from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- adj. Capable of being indicted: Evidence suggested that the official was indictable for the crime.
- adj. Making one liable to indictment: an indictable offense.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- adj. Able to be indicted; chargeable.
- adj. Subjecting one to an indictment.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- adj. Capable of being, or liable to be, indicted; subject to indictment.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- Capable of being indicted; liable to indictment: as, an indictable offender.
- That may subject one to an indictment; that may be punished by a proceeding commenced by indictment: as, an indictable offense.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- adj. liable to be accused, or cause for such liability
Sorry, no etymologies found.