from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- adj. Eligible for bail: a bailable defendant.
- adj. Allowing or admitting of bail: a bailable offense.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- adj. Eligible for bail.
- adj. For which bail is permitted.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- adj. Having the right or privilege of being admitted to bail, upon bond with sureties; -- used of persons.
- adj. Admitting of bail.
- adj. That can be delivered in trust.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- Capable of being delivered; deliverable.
- Capable of being set free upon giving bond with sureties; capable of being admitted to bail: used of persons.
- Admitting of bail: as, a bailable offense.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- adj. admitting of bail
- adj. eligible for bail
bail + -able (Wiktionary)