from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- n. An advocate of women's suffrage, especially in the United Kingdom.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. A female supporter, often militant, of women's right to vote in the early 20th century
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- n. A woman who advocates the right to vote for women; a woman suffragist.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. A woman who advocates female suffrage.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. a woman advocate of women's right to vote (especially a militant advocate in the United Kingdom at the beginning of the 20th century)
suffrage + -ette (“female agent”) (Wiktionary)