from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- v. Past tense and past participle of meet1.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- v. Simple past tense and past participle of meet.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- imp. & p. p. of meet.
- imp. & p. p. of mete, to measure.
- p. p. of mete, to dream.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. Preterit and past participle of meet.
- n. An obsolete preterit of mete.
- n. A measure of any kind; a bushel; a barrel.
- An abbreviation
- of metaphor, metaphorical, metaphorically;
- of metaphysical, metaphysically, metaphysics;
- of metropolitan.
- A combining form sometimes used in organic chemistry in place of meta-.
Sorry, no etymologies found.