from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- n. A small or young falcon.
- n. Any of several small falcons, especially any of several species of the genus Microhierax native to tropical Asia.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. A small or young falcon
- n. Any of various small, tropical Asian falcons of the genus Microhierax found in Southeast Asia.
- n. A light cannon developed in the late 15th century and decorated with an image of a falcon.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- n. One of the smaller cannon used in the 15th century and later.
- n. One of several very small Asiatic falcons of the genus Microhierax.
- n. One of a group of Australian birds of the genus Falcunculus, resembling shrikes and titmice.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. A little falcon; specifically, in ornithology, a finch-falcon of the Oriental genus Ierax, Hierax, or Microhierax, which contains tiny falcons about six inches long, such as M. cœrulescens.
- n. A shrike of the genus Falcunculus. Also falconelle.
- n. A kind of cannon in use in the sixteenth century.
falcon + -et (Wiktionary)