American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, Fourth Edition
- A historical region of central Asia between the Himalaya and Kunlun mountains. A center of Lamaist Buddhism, Tibet first flourished as an independent kingdom in the seventh century. It fell under Mongol influence from the 13th to the 18th century and later came under Chinese control (1720).
- See Xizang.
- Plateau ofTibet An upland region of south-central Asia mostly in Xizang (Tibet) and extending into Xinjiang Uygur, Qinghai, and Sichuan.
Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. Same as Tibet cloth.
- n. A woolen stuff usually printed in colors.
- n. The Tibetan Plateau, a plateau region in Central Asia, where the Tibetan people traditionally live, encompassing what is now Tibet Autonomous Region (also called Xizang), most of Qinghai, the western half of Sichuan, a small part of Yunnan and a small part of Gansu in the Peoples Republic of China, and also the country of Bhutan, and the Indian regions of Sikkim and Ladakh.
- n. An independent kingdom that formerly existed in Central Asia where the Tibet Autonomous Region now is.
- n. A common shorthand name for Tibet Autonomous Region, previously mostly coterminous with the independent portion of Tibet until 1950.
- n. an autonomous region of the Peoples Republic of China; located in the Himalayas
“Just leave tibet as it is and contribute to the development of Tibet economics and culture if you like.”
“A Buddhist struggles to keep grounded about Tibet and China yahooBuzzArticleHeadline = 'A Buddhist struggles to keep grounded about Tibet and China '; yahooBuzzArticleSummary =' Article: Questioning some Western mythology about \'the old Tibet\ ', and the Dalai Lama\'s strategic alliance with - or use by - the US government.”
“Il y a des etudiants qui ne savent pas ou es tibet sur le plan de la Chine, mais lls parlent Tibet comme specialistes.”
“We offer Packages: popular tibet tour packages, Tibet adventure Travel Packages,Tibet tours of all kinds.”
“We are expert in tour in tibet. based in Tibet 15 years experience, 600 private groups operated!”
“China Photos/Getty Images SCENE FROM TIBET: A woman set cow manure out to dry for fuel in the Liuwu Village of Tibet, a terminus of the Qinghai-Tibet railway, which crosses high altitudes to link China's Qinghai Province to Lhasa.”
“CAMPAIGN FOR TIBET: We feel if he wants to go to Beijing he should go to Beijing to see the sports but not stand next to Chinese dictators at this point in time right after there's been such an incredible crackdown in Tibet.”
“TIBET MURDERED BY CHINA yahooBuzzArticleHeadline = 'TIBET MURDERED BY CHINA'; yahooBuzzArticleSummary = 'Article: What has happened to Tibet in the last few decades is no less than the crime of the ages the defeat and disappearance of a society dedicated to enlightenment and spiritual evolution at the hands of ruthless, materialist, totalitarian Chinese invaders.”
“If you're a warmongering imperialist like myself, there's nothing more fun than going up to a hippie with a "free tibet" sticker/t-shirt and saying that he's darn right, we should make China get out of Tibet, and invade/nuke them if they don't.”
“Takakusu, pp. 195 ff., and for Tibet, Waddell, _Buddhism of Tibet_, p. 178, note 3, from which it appears that it is only in Eastern Tibet and probably under Chinese influence that branding is in vogue.”
These user-created lists contain the word ‘Tibet’.
A complete list of the red cards (things) from the popular word game.
places to hide
Looking for tweets for Tibet.