from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- n. A person whose beliefs and behavior are based on feminism.
- adj. Relating to feminism.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- adj. Relating to or in accordance with feminism.
- n. A person who supports the equality of women with men.
- n. A member of a feminist political movement.
- n. One who believes in bringing about the social, political, and economical equality of the sexes.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. An advocate of the claims of women as the equals of men in the realms of literature and art as well as in the sociological world.
- n. One who devotes himself to the study of woman, especially from the physiological and medical points of view.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- adj. of or relating to or advocating equal rights for women
- n. a supporter of feminism
First recorded in English 1894, from French féministe (1872). Ultimately from Latin fēminīnus, from fēmina ("woman"). See also feminine, feminism. (Wiktionary)