from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- n. The belief that priests act as mediators between God and humans.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. The belief that priests can act as mediators between God and mankind
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- n. The system, style, spirit, or character, of a priesthood, or sacerdotal order; devotion to the interests of the sacerdotal order.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. The sacerdotal system or spirit; the methods or spirit of the priesthood; devotion to the interests or system of the priesthood; in a bad sense, priestcraft.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. a belief that priests can act as mediators between human beings and God
Sorry, no etymologies found.