from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- n. A bony growth on the fetlock, pastern, or coffin bone of a horse's foot, usually causing lameness.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. osteoarthritis affecting any of several bones of a horse's foot
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- n. A morbid growth or deposit of bony matter between or on the small pastern and the great pastern bones.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. In farriery, a bony callus or exostosis, the result of inflammation, on one or both pastern-bones of a horse, which sometimes extends to the interphalangeal joints and causes immobility and lameness.
- n. The disease or disordered condition in horses which is caused by ring-bone: as, a horse affected by ring-bone and spavin.
Sorry, no etymologies found.