from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- n. Participation in festive activities.
- n. A festivity; a revelry.
- n. Festive activities.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. joyful festivities, especially as a celebration
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- adj. Making or producing mirth; convivial; jolly.
- n. The act of making merry; conviviality; merriment; jollity.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. The act of making merry; a convivial entertainment; a gay festival.
- Producing mirth or sport.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. a boisterous celebration; a merry festivity
Sorry, no etymologies found.