from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- n. Vulgar Slang The anus.
- n. Vulgar Slang A thoroughly contemptible, detestable person.
- n. Vulgar Slang The most miserable or undesirable place in a particular area.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. The anus.
- n. A jerk; an inappropriately or objectionably mean, inconsiderate, contemptible, obnoxious, intrusive, or rude person.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. insulting terms of address for people who are stupid or irritating or ridiculous
- n. vulgar slang for anus
ass2 + hole.(American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, Fourth Edition)
Variation of earlier arsehole, from Middle English arshole, arcehoole, equivalent to ass + hole. Cognate with Norwegian rasshøl ("asshole"), Swedish arsle ("asshole"). Compare also German Arschloch ("asshole"). Attested from the 1370s, replacing earlier Old English earsþerl ("anus", literally "arse thirl"). First recorded in Middle English, as ers hole (Glouc. Cath. Manuscript 19. No. I. , dated 1379, cited after OED), ars-hole (Bodleian Ashmole MS. 1396, dated ca. 1400, ed. Robert Von Fleischhacker as Lanfrank's "Science of Cirurgie", EETS 102, 1894, cited after OED.) (Wiktionary)