from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- n. Vulgar Slang The anus.
- n. Vulgar Slang A thoroughly contemptible, detestable person.
- n. Vulgar Slang The most miserable or undesirable place in a particular area.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. The anus.
- n. A jerk; an inappropriately or objectionably mean, inconsiderate, contemptible, obnoxious, intrusive, or rude person.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. insulting terms of address for people who are stupid or irritating or ridiculous
- n. vulgar slang for anus
If she's just a giant, gaping asshole, why hasn't she literally swallowed up the universe like a big black asshole* by now?
Carol mouthed the word asshole at me and hit me with the in-flight magazine.
Without a doubt, he's the reason my asshole is the size of a manhole cover.
Michael Kinsley once said of Bob Novak, “Underneath the asshole is a nice guy, but underneath the nice guy is another asshole.”
This asshole is the reason there is still a slave trade in the Marianas.
Back in the stone ages, when I was in my early 20s, I'd go out in what I called my asshole shields.
Maybe "asshole" is a little too strong of a word, especially if I wind up having to bum a cup of sugar off them when the shit hits the fan.
I have to admit - "asshole" is a really great subject line.
So his off the cuff dismissal of the possibility that someone could appreciate the film without being a hypocritical asshole is deeply insulting.
OK, you could make a case that calling the latest GOP talking head an asshole is hateful, you know what I mean.
Wordnik is becoming a not-for-profit! Read our announcement here.