from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- n. Informal A person regarded as slovenly, crude, or obnoxious.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. A lazy and slovenly person.
- n. A lazy, obese person.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. Mud; mire; muddy land; a marsh or mire.
- n. Same as slobber, 2.
- n. One who is untidy in his habits and dress; a slovenly fellow.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. a coarse obnoxious person
Irish Gaelic slab, mud, from Old Irish, probably of Scandinavian origin; akin to Swedish dialectal slabb, mud.(American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, Fourth Edition)
From Irish slaba. (Wiktionary)