from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- n.pl. A person who tends to drop things.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. someone who is clumsy or uncoordinated; a klutz; someone who tends to drop things
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- n. someone who drops things (especially one who cannot catch a ball); a person who is butter-fingered.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. One who lets drop anything he ought to hold; a butter-fingered person; specifically, in base-ball and cricket, one who ‘muffs’ a ball.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. someone who drops things (especially one who cannot catch a ball)
From butter (a slippery substance) + finger (Wiktionary)