from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- n. A mass of floating or stationary ice; an iceberg.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. Mountain, a large mass or hill.
- n. An iceberg.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- n. A large mass or hill, as of ice.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. A rock.
- n. A large floating mass or mountain of ice; an iceberg.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. Austrian composer in Schoenberg's twelve-tone music system (1885-1935)
- n. a large mass of ice floating at sea; usually broken off of a polar glacier
Short for iceberg.(American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, Fourth Edition)
From Middle English bergh, berg, from Old English berg, beorg ("mountain, hill"), from Proto-Germanic *bergaz, from Proto-Indo-European *bʰergʰ (“height”). Cognate with Dutch berg, German Berg, Swedish berg, and Russian берег (béreg). (Wiktionary)