from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- n. One that composes, especially a person who composes music.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. One who composes; an author.
- n. Especially, one who composes music.
- n. : One who, or that which, quiets or calms.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- n. One who composes; an author. Specifically, an author of a piece of music.
- n. One who, or that which, quiets or calms; one who adjusts a difference.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. One who or that which composes.
- n. One who composes musical pieces; a musical author.
- n. One who or that which quiets or calms; one who adjusts a difference or reconciles antagonists.
- n. In printing, a compositor.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. someone who composes music as a profession
to compose + -er (Wiktionary)