American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, Fourth Edition
- adj. Of, relating to, or designating a configuration of typewriter or computer keyboard keys arranged to increase the speed and ease of typing, the home row of keys being for the characters A, O, E, U, I, D, H, T, N, and S.
- adj. Describing an optimized keyboard layout in which the alphabet is arranged in the order PYFGCRL on the top row, AOEUIDHTNS on the middle, or home, row, and QJKXBMWVZ on the bottom row, thus placing the letters most frequently used in the home row. Many variants on Dvorak layouts also exist, including keyboards for right-hand-only and left-hand-only-typists.
- n. Czech composer who combined folk elements with traditional forms (1841-1904)
- Named for inventor August Dvorak. (Wiktionary)
- After August Dvorak (1894-1975), American educator. (American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, Fourth Edition)
“In Linux virtual consoles, it is a matter of typing loadkeys dvorak to get Dvorak (root access is usually not required) and”
“According to Edward Catton, the former director of programming for Interlochen Public Radio, the definitive recording of the Dvorak is the Cleveland Orchestra conducted by George Szell.”
“A lot of thinking went into Waldron-Blain's game; it was based on a card game called Dvorak which is open source and open-ended-winning the game and playing the game is based partially on general rules of Dvorak, but also on specific rules agreed upon by the players-because Waldron-Blain wanted to make a game that reflected the politics within the game itself.”
“I think it took only a few days before I was proficient enogh in Dvorak to get work done at about the same speed as before I had learned.”
“For the basic lever, I used what I assume to be a "classic" set of instructions, ABCD: A Basic Course in Dvorak, and a text editor.”
“In terms of longevity, Dvorak is right: Computers built within the last five years do last longer.”
“Dvorak is the only current Panthers player who was on the Florida club that reached the Stanley Cup finals in 1998.”
“I sometimes even watch the rest of it because Dvorak is such a curmudgeon, and the guests are interesting too.”
“Now that Dvorak is on the record as a self-declared troll, maybe we should start a directory of “troll spammers,” people who, if I succumb to the temptation to link to them, my CMS would automatically remove the link for.”
“Dvorak is also one of my favorites -- the "Slavonic Dances" were my undergraduate soundtrack.”
‘Dvorak’ hasn't been added to any lists yet.
Looking for tweets for Dvorak.