from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- adj. Informal Tiny. Often used in combination: a little bitty baby.
- adj. Chiefly British Composed of small segments lacking cohesion; fragmented: "The play finally jerks its disjointed and bitty way to an arbitrary conclusion” ( Martin Hoyle).
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- adj. Containing bits; fragmented
- adj. Very small
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. Refuse left after the starch has been removed from such plants as arrowroot, cassava, etc.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- adj. (used informally) very small
Sorry, no etymologies found.