American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, Fourth Edition
- n. A fund made up of a portion of each pot in a poker game.
- n. A pool of money, especially one to which a number of people have contributed for a designated purpose.
- n. See widow.
- n. A cat, especially a kitten.
Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. A kitten; a child's pet name for a cat.
- n. A kit or company.
- n. A large wooden bowl or tankard.
- n. Same as kittiwake. Also called sea-kittie.
- n. A prison or jail: same as kidcote.
- n. A pool into which each player in a card-game puts a certain amount of his winnings, to be used in meeting expenses, as for room-rent, refreshments, etc.
- n. A kitten or young cat.
- n. A pet name for a cat.
- n. A money pool, as for a card game, or for shared expenses.
- n. poker, slang In a home game, a small, specified amount taken from each pot to pay the host's expenses.
- n. slang Female genitals. (less vulgar)
GNU Webster's 1913
- n. A kitten; also, a pet name or calling name for the cat.
- n. (Gaming) The percentage taken out of a pool to pay for refreshments, or for the expenses of the table any pool of money aggregated from small contributions.
- n. the cumulative amount involved in a game (such as poker)
- n. informal terms referring to a domestic cat
- n. young domestic cat
- n. the combined stakes of the betters
- A diminutive of kitten by adding -y. (Wiktionary)
- Probably from kit1.Shortening and alteration of kitten. (American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, Fourth Edition)
“AAAAAAAHHHH, nevertheless, my kitty is a spoiled little brat thegermandude517 groupie”
“Anyway, when they come back from dinner she lays down in her bed and the "kitty" is on the counter across the room.”
“I never know what my kitty is up to when I am not at home.”
“Your little kitty is very cute but I think my much larger ocicat might not appreciate him very much!”
“That kitty is much to young to read such racey material ... though if its ANYTHING like the other books it will be fantastic!”
“I think it makes the kitty move around a lot in panic and then after a good couple minutes it feels like the kitty is dying from the rush of too much blood to the head.”
“Our 12yo white kitty is sitting beside me while I type, purring loudly.”
“I moved in closer, letting my hand creep up her leg and into the now-moist V that she called her "kitty bank.”
“Clearly, your kitty is picking up on the wonderful karma that is classic Sonic, and resonating with all the wonderful goodness and joy that past Sonic has created in our lives.”
“Well guys if you add the meat scraps used to make pet food to the scraps used in kitty litter (yes I've heard that from reliable sources).”
These user-created lists contain the word ‘kitty’.
Names of girls in song titles. Not in the lyrics, just in the titles.
Just the name on the list, then the full title with any identifying notes in the comments, please.
Can be the same ...
Some alternatives to calling it your 'stuff'.
HEE OK LETS DO IT! I'm v.v. excited! (with thanks to whichbe, Lampbane, bilby, effigy, frogapplause, and fredrx!)
all the words for vagina other than vagina
List of terms used in the card game pinochle, beginning with meld and trick.
A list of common animal names. Keep the list to 2 syllable words.No scientific names. No proper names like 'Fluffy' the elephant.Insects and other creatures (even ficticious like 'dragon') are we...
Words used to create the names of Pokémon, which are usually portmanteaux.
It's exactly what it sounds like. And yeah, for real people as much as characters. Big surprise.
We'll skip people's names.
Looking for tweets for kitty.