from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- n. A fund made up of a portion of each pot in a poker game.
- n. A pool of money, especially one to which a number of people have contributed for a designated purpose.
- n. See widow.
- n. A cat, especially a kitten.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. A kitten or young cat.
- n. A pet name for a cat.
- n. A money pool, as for a card game, or for shared expenses.
- n. In a home game, a small, specified amount taken from each pot to pay the host's expenses.
- n. Female genitals. (less vulgar)
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- n. A kitten; also, a pet name or calling name for the cat.
- n. The percentage taken out of a pool to pay for refreshments, or for the expenses of the table
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. A kitten; a child's pet name for a cat.
- n. A kit or company.
- n. A large wooden bowl or tankard.
- n. Same as kittiwake. Also called sea-kittie.
- n. A prison or jail: same as kidcote.
- n. A pool into which each player in a card-game puts a certain amount of his winnings, to be used in meeting expenses, as for room-rent, refreshments, etc.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. the cumulative amount involved in a game (such as poker)
- n. informal terms referring to a domestic cat
- n. young domestic cat
- n. the combined stakes of the betters
AAAAAAAHHHH, nevertheless, my kitty is a spoiled little brat thegermandude517 groupie
Anyway, when they come back from dinner she lays down in her bed and the "kitty" is on the counter across the room.
I never know what my kitty is up to when I am not at home.
Your little kitty is very cute but I think my much larger ocicat might not appreciate him very much!
That kitty is much to young to read such racey material ... though if its ANYTHING like the other books it will be fantastic!
I think it makes the kitty move around a lot in panic and then after a good couple minutes it feels like the kitty is dying from the rush of too much blood to the head.
Our 12yo white kitty is sitting beside me while I type, purring loudly.
I moved in closer, letting my hand creep up her leg and into the now-moist V that she called her "kitty bank."
Clearly, your kitty is picking up on the wonderful karma that is classic Sonic, and resonating with all the wonderful goodness and joy that past Sonic has created in our lives.
Well guys if you add the meat scraps used to make pet food to the scraps used in kitty litter (yes I've heard that from reliable sources).
Wordnik is becoming a not-for-profit! Read our announcement here.