from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- n. An animal, especially a cat, that catches mice.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. A cat that catches mice, kept specifically for the purpose.
- n. A moustache.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- n. A cat that catches mice.
- n. One who pries about on the lookout for something.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. An animal that catches mice: specifically, a cat: commonly used with a qualifying term to describe the proficiency of the animal as a mouse-catcher.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. a cat proficient at mousing
From mouse + -er. (Wiktionary)