from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- A city of southeast Australia on an inlet of the Tasman Sea. The largest city in Australia, it is the country's chief port and main cultural and financial center. Population: 4,120,000.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- proper n. A surname, a spelling variant of Sidney.
- proper n. A male given name transferred from the surname.
- proper n. A female given name transferred from the surname.
- proper n. A seaport and the state capital of New South Wales, Australia.
- proper n. A former city, now part of the amalgamated Cape Breton Regional Municipality on Cape Breton Island in the province of Nova Scotia, Canada.
- proper n. Dharuk, an Aboriginal language of Australia.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. the largest Australian city located in southeastern Australia on the Tasman Sea; state capital of New South Wales; Australia's chief port
From the French Saint-Denis. (Wiktionary)