American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, Fourth Edition
- A borough of New York City in southeast New York, mainly on Manhattan Island at the north end of New York Bay. Peter Minuit of the Dutch West Indies Company bought the island in 1626 from the Manhattan Indians, supposedly for $24 worth of merchandise. The settlement of New Amsterdam, renamed New York when the English assumed control in 1664, quickly spread from the southern tip of the island, eventually becoming the financial and commercial center of the United States. Population: 1,610,000.
- A city of northeast Kansas west of Topeka. It is a processing and educational center. Population: 50,700.
- n. A cocktail made of sweet vermouth, whiskey, and a dash of bitters.
- n. An indigenous people of North America who lived in present day New York State.
- n. A borough of New York City, mainly on Manhattan Island.
- n. A cocktail made from whiskey, sweet vermouth and bitters.
- n. one of the five boroughs of New York City
- n. a cocktail made with whiskey and sweet vermouth with a dash of bitters
- After Manhattan 1, a borough of New York City. (American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, Fourth Edition)
“Mr. Kelly said the expansion of the so-called ring of steel, an interconnected web of thousands of video cameras, from lower manhattan to midtown Manhattan would cost $40 million and that five years from now, "a robust system" will be in place.”
“ROBERT MORGENTHAU, MANHATTAN DISTRICT ATTORNEY: Halderman waited outside Mr. Letterman's Manhattan home at 6: 00 a.m. on September 9th to deliver a letter and other materials to him as he was leaving for work.”
“ROBERT MORGENTHAU, MANHATTAN DISTRICT ATTORNEY: The investigation leading to today's indictment revealed that Halderman waited outside Mr. Letterman's Manhattan home at 6: 00 a.m. on September 9 to deliver a letter and other materials to him as he was leaving for work.”
“ROBERT MORGENTHAU, MANHATTAN DISTRICT ATTORNEY: Halderman waited outside Mr. Letterman's Manhattan home at 6: 00 a.m. on September 9 to deliver a letter and other materials to him as he was leaving for work.”
“A new 'Manhattan Project' yahooBuzzArticleHeadline = 'A new \'Manhattan Project\ ''; yahooBuzzArticleSummary = 'Article: An article published in the Atlanta Journal newspaper June 19th, 2008 calling for a new and dynamic form of the Manhattan Project, famous for developing the Atom Bomb for the Allies during World War II.”
“MAN AND MOM HIT MANHATTAN When a guy in his 40's from Atlanta got transferred to Manhattan, he had to figure out how to make everything from his 4,000-square-foot house fit into a New York City apartment-especially his mom, who lives with him.”
“COUPLE MOVES BACK TO MANHATTAN FOR THE SCHOOLS Years ago, a family moved from Manhattan to Brooklyn and bought this three-story, 1905 townhouse with a formal dining room, large center staircase and a full English basement (which means it has windows).”
“MANHATTAN (KS) - "This Saturday night, March 13, the Riley County Police Department and Kansas Highway Patrol will conduct a sobriety checkpoint in the south-central section of Manhattan”
“TARGET'S FIRST MANHATTAN STORE: Target is officially opening its first Manhattan store”
“MANHATTAN (CN) - A Manhattan pharmacist agreed to pay $100,000 to settle federal claims that he could not account for tens of thousands of doses of methadone, Oxycontin and other painkillers.”
These user-created lists contain the word ‘Manhattan’.
favorite words. some are made up injokes between me and my husband or family.
A complete list of the red cards (things) from the popular word game.
Looking for tweets for Manhattan.