from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- transitive v. To make plump or fat.
- transitive v. To fertilize (land).
- transitive v. To increase the amount or substance of: fatten one's bank account.
- intransitive v. To grow fat or fatter.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- v. To become fatter
- v. To cause to be fatter
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- transitive v. To make fat; to feed for slaughter; to make fleshy or plump with fat; to fill full; to fat.
- transitive v. To make fertile and fruitful; to enrich
- intransitive v. To grow fat or corpulent; to grow plump, thick, or fleshy; to be pampered.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- To make fat; feed for slaughter; make fleshy or plump with fat.
- To enrich; make fertile and fruitful.
- To grow fat or corpulent; grow plump, thick, or fleshy.
- In poker, to add chips to (a jack-pot which was not opened on the previous deal).
- In skat, to discard valuable cards on (a partner's tricks).
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- v. make fat or plump
fat + -en (Wiktionary)