from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- transitive v. To increase or make as great as possible: "the ideal of maximizing opportunity through the equalizing of educational opportunity” ( Robert J. Havighurst).
- transitive v. To assign the highest possible importance to.
- transitive v. Mathematics To find the largest value of (a function).
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- v. to make as large as possible
- v. to expand (a window) to fill the main display area
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- transitive v. To increase to the highest degree.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- To make as great as possible; raise or increase to the highest degree. Also spelled maximise.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- v. make as big or large as possible
- v. make the most of
Sorry, no etymologies found.