from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- transitive v. To state in exaggerated terms. See Synonyms at exaggerate.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- v. To exaggerate; to state or claim too much.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- transitive v. To state in too strong terms; to exaggerate.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- To exaggerate in statement; express or declare in too strong terms.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- v. to enlarge beyond bounds or the truth
over- + state. (Wiktionary)