from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- transitive v. To provide with incorrect information.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- v. to give or deliver false, fake, or misleading information with intent to deceive
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- transitive v. To give untrue information to; to inform wrongly.
- intransitive v. To give untrue information; (with against) to calumniate.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- To inform erroneously or falsely; make a wrong statement to; give wrong or misleading instruction to.
- To testify falsely; make false or misleading statements.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- v. give false or misleading information to
mis- + inform (Wiktionary)