from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- adj. Mildly warm; tepid.
- adj. Lacking conviction or enthusiasm; indifferent: gave only lukewarm support to the incumbent candidate.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- adj. Of a temperature between warm and cool.
- adj. Not very enthusiastic (about a proposal or an idea).
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- adj. Moderately warm; neither cold nor hot; tepid.
- adj. Not ardent; not zealous; cool; indifferent.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- Only moderately warm; tepid; neither cold nor hot.
- Not ardent; not zealous; cool; indifferent: as, lukewarm obedience.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- adj. moderately warm
- adj. feeling or showing little interest or enthusiasm
Just dip in lukewarm water and bring to the wall each sequentially numbered panel.
ONE thing that CAN be a problem … long ago they used more silicon-release agent on the molds, so the model needs a wash in lukewarm water and mild dish-soap prior to painting to ensure good paint adhesion.
Soda, etc, that comes home lukewarm from the grocery store stays in the cold garage overnight rather than going into the fridge.
I agree with Karen (#1) that the studio-mandated limits and prices will cause this to gain lukewarm acceptance.
Perhaps lukewarm is to teens today what shit-hot or cool as a cucumber was to teens of yore.
My captive audiences smile and nod in lukewarm approval.
Sadly, following the instructions, more or less to the letter, resulted in lukewarm Salada teabag tea with chunky lemon wedges, tan Wonder Bread spread with margarine, and, of course, shiny sinks.
Before use, please soak your molcajete for 8-12 hours in lukewarm water.
Er strike some chap they call lukewarm 'at's really red-hot;
But it has received reviews that could be called lukewarm at best, and a December incident in which Mr. Bale, in China for the film's premiere there, was roughed up by government security agents as he tried to visit a human rights advocate, may have further hurt the film's prospects.
Wordnik is becoming a not-for-profit! Read our announcement here.