from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- transitive v. To assign too high a value to: overvalued the painting.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- v. To assign an excessive value to something.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- transitive v. To value excessively; to rate at too high a price.
- transitive v. To exceed in value.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- To set too great value on; rate at too high a price: as, to overvalue a house; to overvalue one's self.
- To exceed in value.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- v. assign too high a value to
Sorry, no etymologies found.