from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- transitive v. To make or become broad or broader.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- v. To make broad or broader.
- v. To become broad or broader.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- transitive v. To grow broad; to become broader or wider.
- transitive v. To make broad or broader; to render more broad or comprehensive.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- To grow broad or broader.
- To make broad; increase in breadth; render more broad or comprehensive: as, “broaden'd nostrils,”
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- v. extend in scope or range or area
- v. become broader
- v. make broader
- v. vary in order to spread risk or to expand
broad + -en (Wiktionary)