from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- n. The ratio of the radiation emitted by a surface to the radiation emitted by a blackbody at the same temperature.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. The energy-emitting propensity of a surface, usually measured at a specific wavelength.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- n. Tendency to emission; comparative facility of emission, or rate at which emission takes place
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. Emissive or radiating power.
- n. Specifically A physical constant by means of which the power of radiation of a body is quantitatively expressed.
Sorry, no etymologies found.