from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- n. The structure of an organism or object as revealed through microscopic examination.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. The fine structure of a material or tissue as revealed by microscopy.
- n. The fine structure of a pure metal or alloy, as revealed by magnifications of 25X or greater.
- n. Fine-scale structure in such variables as temperature, salinity, velocity, etc.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. Microscopic structure.
- n. Applied especially to metals and alloys, the study of the microstructure of which is now a very important department of engineering.
micro- + structure (Wiktionary)