from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- abbr. premenstrual syndrome
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- Planned maintenance system
- Project management system
- Package management system.
- Pantone Matching System, a proprietary set of color designations
- v. to experience a premenstrual syndrome or premenstrual stress
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. a syndrome that occurs in many women from 2 to 14 days before the onset of menstruation
Sorry, no etymologies found.
For that reason, this chapter does not use the term PMS.
You can accomplish this by following what I call the PMS Exception Diet.
Forgive me Anne and PMS Chicago but I objected to this phrase in PMS's comment:
* PMS is a bitch and i'm sure i didn't invite her to stay:/I'm all kinds of miserable this morning.
PMS is tearing me up and I'm not sure if I need anything else doing more damage.
Also, you need a man who knows he must NEVER say the acronym PMS to a woman who has it.
My PMS is a monster as well that demands everything bad bad bad.
I'm bringing a gaggle of amazing women to a networking and wine tasting event called PMS Wednesday.
The only clue we have to your reluctant embracing of the PMS is the fact that once a month you wake up and think that men are the most ignorant species on the planet and the only way to make us smarter is to yell, yell, yell at us at the tops of your dainty little lungs.
Mom and Dad and Kimmy are about the same, same stupid jokes out of Dad, same rules, same mood swings, only now Mom says the reason is something new that her doctor calls PMS.
Wordnik is becoming a not-for-profit! Read our announcement here.