from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. A nurse who takes care of a baby, but does not breastfeed
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. A nurse who attends and feeds a child, but does not suckle it. Compare wet-nursc.
- n. One who stands to another in a relation somewhat similar; hence, especially, an inferior who instructs his superior in his duties.
- To feed, attend, and bring up without suckling.
- To instruct in the duties of a higher rank or position than one's own.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- v. take care of an infant without breastfeeding it
Sorry, no etymologies found.