from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- n. One who poses.
- n. A poseur.
- n. A baffling question or problem.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. A particularly difficult question or puzzle.
- n. Someone who, or something which, poses; a person who sets their body in a fixed position, such as for photography or painting.
- n. A poseur; someone who affects some behaviour, style, attitude or other condition, often to impress or influence others
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- n. One who, or that which, puzzles; a difficult or inexplicable question or fact.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. One who poses or puts questions; one who questions or interrogates closely; an examiner.
- n. A question that poses or puzzles; a puzzling or difficult question or matter.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. a particularly difficult or baffling question or problem
- n. a person who habitually pretends to be something he is not
- n. a person who poses for a photographer or painter or sculptor
Sorry, no etymologies found.