from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- intransitive v. To compose an elegy.
- transitive v. To compose an elegy upon or for.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- v. To compose an elegy (for someone)
- v. To praise (someone) as if in an elegy
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- transitive v. To lament in an elegy; to celebrate in elegiac verse; to bewail.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- To write or compose elegies; celebrate or lament after the style of an elegy; bewail.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- v. compose an elegy
Sorry, no etymologies found.