from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- transitive v. To describe or express in poetry or a poetic manner.
- intransitive v. To write poetry.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- v. To make poetic.
- v. To compose poetry.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- intransitive v. To write as a poet; to compose verse; to idealize.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- To compose poetry; write as a poet.
- To make poetic; cause to conform to poetic standards; express in a poetic form.
- Also spelled poetise.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- v. compose verses or put into verse
Sorry, no etymologies found.