from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- proper n. A male given name; in modern use partly transferred back from the surname.
- proper n. A patronymic surname.
- proper n. A lunar impact crater.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. a cgs unit of illumination equal to the brightness of a perfectly diffusing surface that emits or reflects one lumen per square centimeter
- n. English composer and conductor (1905-1951)
Old High German lant ("land") + beraht ("bright"), a saint's name (of a Bishop of Maastricht) brought to England by Normans, and partly merged with a corresponding Old English name. (Wiktionary)