from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- Ambrose, Saint A.D. 340?-397. Writer, composer, and bishop of Milan (374-397) who imposed orthodoxy on the early Christian Church.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- proper n. A male given name.
- proper n. A patronymic surname.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- n. A sweet-scented herb; ambrosia. See ambrosia, 3.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. Ambrosia.
- n. An early English name of the Jerusalem oak, Chenopodium Botrys, and also of the wood-sage, Teucrium Scorodonia.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. (Roman Catholic Church) Roman priest who became bishop of Milan; the first Church Father born and raised in the Christian faith; composer of hymns; imposed orthodoxy on the early Christian church and built up its secular power; a saint and Doctor of the Church (340?-397)
JP, I'm glad Blood of Ambrose is on your to-do list; I think you'd dig it.
Yes, Ambrose is playing in Philip K. Dick's sandbox here and he does so in an accessible way.
The Man Who Turned Into Himself by David Ambrose is a book that fits into the latter category.
While doing research for a forthcoming book, co-authored with Kevin Ambrose, I found it difficult to come across a snowfall map for the entire season.
James Enge, author of Blood of Ambrose, is the guest of episode 364A of the Dragon Page Cover to Cover podcast.
At its heart, Blood of Ambrose is a coming of age tale that follows the Lathmar the seventh from the tender age of twelve to manhood.
James Enge's Blood of Ambrose is now in stock at Amazon, and at B&N. com.
Soren Ambrose is the development finance coordinator for ActionAid International.
No, these pages drip the unexpected, and they will make you laugh and scream and cry and thirst for more … Simply put, Blood of Ambrose is a powerful and fun stand-alone novel.
Blood of Ambrose is a grand entertainment thus far, I'll be sure to let you know once I've finished it.
Wordnik is becoming a not-for-profit! Read our announcement here.