from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- n. One that compiles: a compiler of anthologies.
- n. Computer Science A program that translates another program written in a high-level language into machine language so that it can be executed.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. One who compiles.
- n. A computer program which transforms source code into object code.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- n. One who compiles; esp., one who makes books by compilation.
- n. a computer program that decodes instructions written in a higher-level computer language to produce an assembly-language program or an executable program in machine language.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. One who compiles; one who makes a compilation.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. (computer science) a program that decodes instructions written in a higher order language and produces an assembly language program
- n. a person who compiles information (as for reference purposes)
Saving energy and boosting performance with an easy-to-implement software compiler is a problem worth solving, especially as we rely more and more on specialized chips, be they in our antilock brakes or our iPhones.
This would be the major focal point of practical and research work, based on reading in compiler creation and on the language designed.
NET compiler is now working, and as a nearly-free bonus for using the.
"Fran Allen's work has led to remarkable advances in compiler design and machine architecture that are at the foundation of modern high-performance computing," said Ruzena Bajcsy, Chair of ACM's Turing Award Committee, and professor of Electrical and Engineering and Computer Science at the University of California, Berkeley.
She is considered to be the pioneer in compiler optimization, and during her talk she described the projects she had worked on in IBM.
Although the work in the compiler is not finished, Wiz also takes time to create some new spells to help common folk to deal with magical threats.
As for the expression compiler, there is a demo program "ScriptDemo" for you to play with the
One of the job of the compiler is code optimization, in particular using less memory storage and executing commands quickly.
So you have a high-level english-like program, and you have this complex process called a compiler that takes that high-level program and maps it to another equivalent form in machine language.
Eg. having a menu option in the editor which would call the compiler directly rather than having to run it from a batch file in an external shell window.
Wordnik is becoming a not-for-profit! Read our announcement here.