from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- n. One that compiles: a compiler of anthologies.
- n. Computer Science A program that translates another program written in a high-level language into machine language so that it can be executed.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. One who compiles.
- n. A computer program which transforms source code into object code.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- n. One who compiles; esp., one who makes books by compilation.
- n. a computer program that decodes instructions written in a higher-level computer language to produce an assembly-language program or an executable program in machine language.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. One who compiles; one who makes a compilation.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. (computer science) a program that decodes instructions written in a higher order language and produces an assembly language program
- n. a person who compiles information (as for reference purposes)
to compile + -er. (Wiktionary)